Thread: FlyAlliance
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 10:06 AM
got2fly
time for crew rest

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: B777 Captain

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
Signing a 2 year contract at initial and EVERY year signing another 1 year contract at recurrent doesnt bother you??? There are plenty of G jobs out there, if you are already typed I can believe you would need to work at a company like this. You should look at FlyExclusive
I don't like the training contract at all. It's clearly substandard.

I'm in the same situation as AA717driver. Too old for commuters. Been there done that anyway.
FlyExclusive offered me a job, F/O on a Citation with probable upgrade in six months. FlyAlliance offered captain on the G-IV from day one. I'm not typed in either. I can do two years there. At that point I'll re-evaluate what to do next before signing another contract. A lot can change in two years anyway.

For me, home based with longer blocks of time off is important. I'd actually prefer a 15/13 schedule to the 12/10 on the G-IV at FlyAlliance. If FlyExclusive had offered G-IV it would have been a more difficult decision. If they had offered captain on the G-IV I'd have taken that for sure. I turned down several 8/6 schedule jobs. The G-IV has an F/A on every leg and that is a plus. To each his own. There are obviously enough of us that prefer what this operation is offering to keep their operation staffed. There are no perfect jobs. Every career decision involves compromises.