Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 08:15 AM
followingdreams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Snapshot217 View Post
Hi folks, interested in making the jump to the 135/Corporate world; sounds like some good things are happening at FE!

Basic question here that I haven’t seen answered (looked back quite a few pages): What’s a typical day look like? How many legs? Typical hours of rest? Are you typically flying 3-5 legs/day like I’ve heard they do at NJ/FJ, or is it a bit more relaxed? Quality of hotels? Rental cars typical or no? Lastly, what’s the policy on facial hair (short, well-groomed beards allowed?)

Many thanks in advance!
A lot depends on the fleet. I am on light jets (which includes the Encore and the CJ3) and a typical day is 3-4 legs (live, repo, live, (possible repo for the next AM). VERY rarely are you over 4 legs a day and if you are its probably a short repo flight at the end of the day. I have no complaints about rest. Typically way more than 10hrs mandatory however you occasionally get min rest days. I dont think I have had 2 or more min rest days back to back. Hotels are hotels....99% Hilton or Marriott properties, although we used to book our own (and talk about going back to it), they will take "suggestions". Id say they utilize Uber/Lyft more than rental cars but in areas where Uber and Lyfts are hard to get, they will book a rental car. Cant answer the facial hair policy but I believe short/well groomed is acceptable (but again, could be wrong)