View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 11:39 AM
Tao of Funk
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by carterj View Post
Is anybody else checking VIPS right now to see what line you were awarded? I just added a feature to Acrobid that allows you to add your trips to your device's calendar with 1 click.

The feature works regardless of how you bid, whether it was with Acrobid or one of the older programs. It works great with your phone, iPad, or computer.

As a bonus, I've loaded the December bidpacks in so you can go in and add your December trips too.

The cost is the same as the cost to bid next month: free.

Here's a video that shows it in action:

https://youtu.be/3mN7UV9PxYc
Worked for me. I like that the trip times are added in the notes section of the calendar info. I hate to be so needy.... If the notes could include the dates with the flights my wife would know to which dates the flight times refer. Right now it's easy for me to go into the notes and add the dates to the flights. She really like your feature because the software I have been using only shows the layovers.

I ran into another hiccup. When I went to airplane mode for a couple hours and was rearranging trips within the browser I finally received an error message. I hadn't saved my bid and auto save wasn't connected to the cloud. I also couldn't use the back button to navigate away from the error page to recover the session. I wonder if there is a browser setting or way to enable an offline mode that will allow local storage auto save in lieu of cloud connection. I am using Brave which I assume isn't very standard.

Another mention, the Good, Better, Best folders are nice however their proximity to the lines section of the page may be too narrow. When rearranging lines within a folder, i.e. dragging lines up especially, one can inadvertently drop the line into an alternate folder vs dropping it in a new spot within the sequence. BidX line movement tab is on the far right of the line, on one hand making it harder to perceive which line is being manipulated, on the other hand, in your case, would separate the folders from the line sort.

It should be noted that this is already great software, easy to use. You have added features that are better than the alternatives.