Old 04-04-2008, 07:38 AM
longhauler
He who lies first, wins!

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: back in the saddle with sores!

If I don't feel the union or association is doing what it I feel is should do then how could I support it, much like the politicians I vote for. If I feel they don't represent me and what I believe then I don't vote for them. It has to be personal. This is what makes us professional is the personal integrity to uphold the standard and raise the bar or raise questions if I believe the bar has been lowered. Putting faith in politicians to correct the perceived problems with the RLA and bankruptcy law is wasted energy at the moment. I don't disagreeing that both of these issue deserve review. Most politicians don't want to waste the political capital on these issues, because they feel they need to spend that capital else where, ie finance reform, mortgage system overhaul, outsourcing of jobs, oil companies, and illegal immigration. I don't believe that the next President is going to be on "labors side" with the current state of the economy. They will be looking for ways to get business back in business and start the restoration process. I think the "recession" will be good for the airline industry as a whole. Many of the problems that could have been resolved after 9/11 have just been pushed back and are now coming to there end six or seven years after they should have. "A revolution every now and then is a good thing" it is going to be painful, but until airlines can their tickets prices to cover the cost of doing business and start making money, we as employees don't stand a chance at get much back it terms of QOL, wages, benefits and security.