View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022, 07:00 PM
Nebakanezer
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by BMEP100 View Post
The doctor I see for arthritis has recommended CBD oil for arthritis pain. He did stress that the source is very important and that it should be batch tested.

Another surgeon friend who is an AME (not mine), has been studying CBD and is convinced of it’s therapeutic value for a lot of maladies. He said however that even CBD, labeled as having less than .2% THC might show up on a DOT drug screen.

I have found a CBD supplier with third party testing that shows the THC amount is “non detectable”.

Wife says it is not worth the risk. She does not have arthritis

Anyone with personal or professional experience with CBD and FAA are welcome to chime in.

I’m not finding anything on the web from the FAA, or DOT.
Hi, just a quick question which hasn’t come up on searches on the forum. Are pilots with a class 1 medical in the uk allowed to use over the counter CBD oil? I know the general use of this is legal as of recent changes in the law but has this also become allowed with the CAA? I have also searched the CAA website but I’ve not come up with anything there either. My question came to mind having visited my local shop where i get my e-liquid (keeps me away from cigarettes!) and i noticed they are adding CBD to e-liquids which are not obviously CBD based products and i hear that CBD oil may also be added to drinks like coffee and milkshakes at certain outlets and it made me think someone could unintentionally consume this so if they were a pilot in the uk could this cause them an issue? Many thanks