Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 07:11 AM
Flyhayes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Admiral

Originally Posted by Captainfit2 View Post
If you already have a ERJ-170, ERJ-190 type rating and you are hired on will JB put you on the 190? I am hoping for an addition to another type. If you are selected for the 190, is it a full training? Or differences training/procedures? I am in the process of selecting which LLC to get a date with.

Couple other questions:

-What is the junior base currently? Time to hold a line or LCR?

-How are the flight benefits? I would be a commuter, I have no JB flights leaving from my home airport unfortunately. Can your family fly on the Big 3, how’s the priority with that?

-Is training AQP, or traditional?

-Training pay? MMG, and per diem? Foot print for training?

-Is pay for a FO on the 190 $100?

Thank you!
You will get the airframe that you can hold based on seniority on your first day (I think), you'll be notified of what bases and aircraft are available to bid for.
Training is AQP, and no matter if you have the type or not, it will be the full course.
Jr bases are JFK and BOS. Not sure about time frame to hold LRC.
As an offline commuter, you need two options to get you to work on time.
You'll have typical jumpseat agreements available to you. You'll be able to purchase standby tickets on most airlines for your family, but offline is always last on the list.
*There is an agreement in place with AA due to the NEA which will give you some higher priority, but I'm not really familiar with it.