Thread: Pay Rates

Brickyards , 12-22-2022 03:39 PM
Line Holder
Brickyards
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2022
Quote: Hi all, new to the forum--first post so please excuse my amateur question.
I'm retiring military heavy pilot looking at a few regionals due to recency and I don't have an unrestricted ATP. I'm interested in Air Wisconsin, PSA, Commute Air, etc due to east-coast domiciles, but having trouble understanding the pay frameworks. Specifically, if Air Wisc pays the lower 1st Yr FO hourly rate at $60/hr, do they have soft-pay that makes up the difference from what other $90+/hr rates the others are paying--ie is the total take-home pay all about the same for all of them? Or does Air Wisconsin really just pay that much less now? Am I missing something?
I’m at commuteair right now. Everyone is getting IAD but most of our flying is out of IAH. $72/hour first year plus a 25k retention bonus with a 1 year commitment. 20k lump sum during training and 5k split into 12 months so 416.66 every month. Talks of getting the 175 are just rumors at this point. We’re close to having it on our certificate but we just need an airplane on property. That’s been hard to come by, had a deal just fall through due to maintenance issues. I’d say PSA is the most stable of the 3 right now although the industry is always changing…… I’m happy at C5 rn