Old 12-24-2022, 10:08 AM
BlueScholar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: 73FO

Originally Posted by GrabPopcorn View Post
Is this the consensus among the pilot group.. that QOL sections will not see much improvement at United? The global reserve, trip drop/swap, and overtime pay unchanged? I'm trying to decide between offers at DL/UA. It's hard to reach when Delta only has an agreement in principle and United has no proposal.

How old are you? If you're 25 and are going to be flying for the next 40 years, a 4 or 5 year contract isn't going to matter very much in the grand scheme of things. If you're 55, then okay the next contract might make a bigger impact. I would base your decision on some formula of base locations, financials, culture, seniority and the type of flying you want to do. Then if everything is equal maybe the contract differences come into play. But even then are you going to be mad if your runner up adds a me too clause that edges your pay by 1%?

To answer your QOL question the CEO wants United to grow by 100 aircraft a year for 5 years. That's twice as big as the largest single year growth in airline history and we want to do that for half a decade. We currently have over 100 empty captain positions because the QOL issues that hit jr positions. If United is to succeed there is no other option than to make reserve QOL better and convince folks to move to the left seat. There is no way that we do not see a big QOL increase in the next contract, otherwise it's getting voted down.