Thread: Got the TBNT
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 07:15 AM
C2078
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
A low cost carrier, probably not as high W2 as UPS.
But a widebody Legacy carriers, easily.

Money isn’t everything.
It buys cool stuff, but a 30 yr career is a long time.
Corporate America can be cruel, they’re here for their shareholders not us minions.

Again, my comment was more about QOL & how the schedules have gotten worse……
I can’t even close to imagine a 30 year career here with these schedules. Maybe bypassing a long time or finding a very unique niche might make it somewhat palatable, but it is otherwise brutal.

We aren’t working more than the average Legacy/LCC guy, it is the circadian flips and the 10am to 8-9am duty days that really screw with you. The trips that have duty days that start 8-9pm and end 4-5am, those are a piece of cake, in bed by the time the sun comes up (if you are a good day sleeper, I can sleep pretty much anytime, anywhere &#128556. But flying the leg when the sun is in your face, oh boy, that is brutal.

Examples of a niche… living in base and doing either afternoon or morning turns, bidding reserve in base, Z europe trips, etc. It can be very palatable. But there are few niche opportunities like this based on seniority. I am very surprised more people here don’t bypass longer. Our Captain upgrade is running around 60% seniority, historically hasn’t changed much, whereas the airline folks on average run much more junior. Most people say might as well take it as schedules suck bad for everyone anyways.