View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 11:35 PM
squirreldonkey
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
First of all, you scored big time. You really don't know how lucky you are. I made 14k a year flying 8 legs a day in a noisy ass turboprop. And i had to do that for 5 years to get hired at Frontier. And when I got hired at Frontier I only made $37/ hour. I was here 5 years making $88/ hour when this contract passed (10 years of being an airline pilot before I broke 100k)

Today, you'll start at $90/ hour, paid hotels, 15% automatic retirement contributions.... lucky duck! Im genuinely very happy for you, as this career desperately needed to get better. It has, and you a huge beneficiary of that.

This thread will lead to a bunch of grumpy ass guys that are masters of finding things to complain about. And that's a good thing too because that leads to improvements over time.

As for a new contract, my guess: 3 years.

Welcome and congratulations! Bust your ass in training and be the best pilot you can be.
I disagree with all of this. These days you’re honestly better going to a decent regional with a flow through to a legacy. You’ll make more money and not have to worry about the management at frontier section 19ing you for getting Covid and hurting your career. Frontier is the also the only major left without AQP in initial training. It’ll be years before they get a new contract and will always be subpar.