View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 05:55 AM
squirreldonkey
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by BiffleBalls View Post
Regionals do s^ck but AQP is light years better at improving the skills of a pilot group as a whole rather than basically making us jump through a bunch of standard hoops and over hurdles in the sim like we were dogs competing for best in show. In AQP the focus is on learning, not testing. A failure is a big deal to someone moving on with their career and it's nice to go into AQP knowing you are not facing a pink slip. I do miss that, it's way more chill and a far better learning environment.
I’m not sure regionals s^ck as bad as you think these days. Basically a rapid upgrade to captain and check airman pay higher than any major with better training than frontier sounds like a good deal to me, then add in the signing bonuses and I would stay far away from a craphole like frontier. I don’t know who would come to a place like frontier right now except for the atp and Purdue kids they lure in or sub par folks with multiple DUIs or failures. Frontier is a joke and anyone with any kind of self worth should stay far away from this place. But wait they will give you a 35k “bonus” that you have to sign a promissory note for and pay interest on lol. Anyone with a brain should see this for what is is, a way of trapping you here for 3 years when you have much better career options. I flew with plenty of cool people at frontier but there were also more absolute weirdos than any other place I’ve been as well. The pathological liar who has a whole thread on this website dedicated to him and tried to pull someone over at gunpoint when he was an FFDO a few years back ended up at frontier if that tells you something. Federal government says he’s not trusted to carry a gun any longer but he flies airplanes at frontier now. I honestly would not recommend this place to anyone with a future.