View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 03:47 PM
BiffleBalls
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
This is a great question and as you can see from the responses, very thought provoking as well.

First, lots of hyperbole on the internet (obviously) and this is no different. However,…

Im old enough to have had the pleasure of working for a great company, or at least one where I felt the employees held at least a modicum of interest from mgt/ownership at various points in my career. Hopefully you have too. I suspect most that are reading this have as well. Even if it was fast food, a small FBO or flight school, whatever, hopefully you’ve seen an actual mgt team care for you beyond the scope of your job and capacity to make the company money. Usually, the law of averages tells us that somewhere along the way you have had at leas one decent boss to work for at a place that you felt treated you at least ok. And, many have also had the opposite.

I don’t think it an exaggeration to mention that Frontier is not the greatest of places to work. Outside of the ticky tack BS that happens, as mentioned on here in many different places, I think there’s a general attitude from mgt that the pilot force really doesn’t matter beyond doing their job. It’s quite obvious that they don’t care about labor in general. They don’t care about their customers. And they certainly don’t care about being on time or doing the job well. In fact, I actually think that if a job were to be done well (and customer satisfaction were up), they would see that as somewhat excessive in terms of the $ spent to achieve it. The first and mostly only concern of this airline is doing whatever it is that needs to be be done e cheaply.

Right now there are about 1000 grievances in the system - I’ve heard this is more than most other airlines combined. The union has all but ceased to discuss any other matter except them (which I FULLY back their stance on). The contract is continually violated/ignored and any loophole in the contract that can be exploited in their favor, they either have done or are still trying to do. Pairing construction. Lack of training for special qualification airports. Contract maintenance that does the minimum. There so many things.

The lack of care goes so far beyond closing Chicago and the 44 that it’s hard to properly mention here. Regardless of where this mgt team works (could be an airline, an accounting firm, a burger joint or even weed dispensary), they make it not a great place to work. From the gate agents to the ground crews to the actual customer and their displeasure with whatever, the place wears on you.

So overall, you can come here an earn a decent living. And you will probably enjoy most of the people you work with. But you will probably also realize that the experience could’ve been much better (compared to what others who do the same job as you make and endure).
Man that is a fantastic post.