View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 02:15 PM
brocklee9000
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by c130rob View Post
Prior to class, will F9 send me training materials or memory items? This is my first 121 so not sure what to expect. I also have a couple months of free time before class and was wondering if there's anything I can do now to prepare.
Maybe a week or two in advance, is when they sent us materials. Not a whole lot of lead time, but they also said it wasn’t mandatory to look at it before coming to class. I worked until a week prior to Indoc, plus it was a holiday week, so I didn’t get to do more than glimpse at it. It would have been nice to get it 2 months in advance when I received my CJO but not a big deal.

For reference, my last airline had tons of memory item/limitations. Like seriously a couple hundred (various starter duty cycles, dry motoring, wingspan and fuel tank capacity for 3 variants, on top of the normal speeds and QRH memory items). Here, there’s like 20ish limitations (and another 30ish that the study guide says is good to memorize). And about 10 QRH memory items (essentially a short checklist like emergency descent, stall, smoke/fire in the cockpit, etc).

Also for what it’s worth, I didn’t really care for the stuff they send you ahead of time. The limitations doc is about 35 pages long, and it says memory items are italicized and bolded; more work than it’s really worth to hunt down 50 little bolded limitations. The flows are nice to look through though, same with the profiles (albeit they’re a bit of a mess, saturated with so much info). Once you’re in class set up with your iPad, there are dedicated study guides and one of them has specifically *just* the 10 memory items and the 20-60 limitations, all cherry picked and obvious.