View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 08:16 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Fletcheroes View Post
Heard of a recent Huffer hose ingestion/partial ingestion....I heard the aircraft was dispatched and the flight deck was not informed.

Training is not bad....it's the lack of oversight ....people just watching their phones and hitting the enter button and guessing on the questions which are regularly dumbed down so people can pass. But when you pay people 10.00 /hr, sups at 13.50...you kinda get what ya pay for
People rather hide their mistakes than report them because there is no just culture, you'll just get fired.

AA WO ramp operations are atrocious, this accident could have happened at any time, at any station. But it is the fault of management, not the guys doing the work who are underpaid, underappreciated and undertrained. In this case, they will just fire the crew chief but nothing will be fixed. I filed 2 ASAPs for ramp behavior that was suicidal, and the amount of reports and phone calls I had, I long ago lost track of them. CPO answer always was that there's nothing they can do.
Maybe they start caring now that someone died.