View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 05:35 AM
carterj
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: 757

Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Carter,

Can you please give us a bit more information.

Do you store any of our information anywhere? If so what encryption do you use? And what information do you store? And where are you storing the information?
Assuming you store some of our information, who keeps the encryption keys, us or you?
Do you use third party apps as part of your code? Do you use third party trackers?
Do you use open source software, or did you write your own. If so, how have you vetted your software?
Have you had your code tested for vulnerabilities?
What is your bug tracking process?

Thank you for giving us another choice. I look forward to your answers.
I think there may be some confusion about Acrobid's architecture, so let me try to clear it up.

A program like BidX is run directly by your operating system. It has access to your file system and the code needs to be trusted so that it is not installing other malicious software.

Acrobid runs in your browser of choice (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) It has no access to your file system. It cannot run code on your operating system. Inside of the "walled gardens" build by Apple or Google or Mozilla, Acrobid cannot harm your device, install malicious software, modify code in other tabs, or track your actions on the web.

I install no trackers. I use browser storage to save your data and this is purged periodically and automatically.

I use Google Analytics to track things like screen resolution, device operating system version, and location. It helps me know how to focus my development efforts better and whether my application is working for guys stuck in a CAN hotel room. This can be opted out of, or, you can use an ad blocker on your browser. I don't collect or sell your data.

Information stored by Acrobid is encrypted at rest, and encrypted in transit by HTTPS/TLS. The only data stored is your bids, and that data is tagged for automatic deletion. I'm happy to provide more information offline.