View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 05:31 PM
HPIC
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Man, that was a missed opportunity my friend. I am sure you capitalize on any errant keyboard mishaps now. Not for you HPIC, but these are the between the line opportunities that are gopher heads. Missed a few myself. Keep your sights zeroed cuz they aren’t always readily apparent. Some you win, some you lose or go with the flow if you will. We have our moments and some almost unbelievable stories, but I have learned many ways to skin the whatever without killing it. Crew talk at cruise is invaluable.
I’ve let them send me a couple times to places I knew wasn’t right. The way Atlas management treats the pilots I don’t do anybody else’s job nor do I tell them they’re screwing up their job. The Toronto/Taranto thing was mostly a case of not wanting to deal with the peak stupidity of airline travel internationally multiple legs during Covid. Not all that long ago I airlined to Dulles when I knew they were supposed to send me to Dallas. Unless I’m going home, I just get on the travel that’s booked and see what happens.