View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 07:32 AM
Atlasvet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022
Position: Part time employee

Originally Posted by InCoffeeIthrust View Post
I have some curiosity regarding the ANC 747 base. As my family is leaving in South Korea right now, ANC 747 base seems to be a great option. Atlas in my circumstances is a truly the best destination career.

As such, I wish to ask you guys a opinion about the future prospects of ANC 747 base. In this thread many people have mentioned that about 100~ 140 hours paytime a month is feasible in ANC , will it be also possible in the future? or is it just a temporary thing that now coming to an end ?

If it is just a nature of the ANC operation that makes ~130 ish paytime possible in ANC, I will be happy to work and dedicate my entire career happily in Atlas. lol
I will jump on this early, before others weigh in.

You should NEVER make plans on being able to sustain consistent overtime at Atlas, It does not matter what base, what equipment of what time frame. These things change constantly at Atlas. There may be pockets of crews that can maintain overtime for a while, but things tend to change quite frequently.

This advice comes from 30 years of experience at Atlas, the situations where certain pockets of crew members are able to maintain this kind of overtime will pop up every few years and then will go away. This is because customers, scheduling, override rules, etc ALWAYS change over time.