Thread: Atlas Air Fleet Type differences

InCoffeeIthrust , 01-08-2023 07:56 AM
New Hire
InCoffeeIthrust
New Hire
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2023
Quote: I will jump on this early, before others weigh in.

You should NEVER make plans on being able to sustain consistent overtime at Atlas, It does not matter what base, what equipment of what time frame. These things change constantly at Atlas. There may be pockets of crews that can maintain overtime for a while, but things tend to change quite frequently.

This advice comes from 30 years of experience at Atlas, the situations where certain pockets of crew members are able to maintain this kind of overtime will pop up every few years and then will go away. This is because customers, scheduling, override rules, etc ALWAYS change over time.
Thanks I got your point. Maybe it is just a nature of the ACMI job.As far as I know the BIG new MRO center in ICN will make ICN a crucial point for it's operation to ATLAS, so as long as company is safe commuting fro ICN maybe the last thing that I should worry about.

In regarding Paytime, I wonder whether whether it was usual for ANC pilot to earn more paytime than other bases in last decades.

30 years of experience is something that is so Big and Enormous that I cannot even imagine about it. I would like to just know people's estimation of ANC 747 in next 5 years time frame, after that it is up to God and I am ready to accept it whatever it may ends.