View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 12:02 PM
jack2007
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by daytonaflyer View Post
Jack2007,
Wow, you have been completely misinformed. I am a pilot for Allegiant Air. We fly MD-80s. Southwest Airlines flies Boeing 737s. The two are airplanes completely different.
Allegiant has an excellent safety record and I haven't noticed any irregularities in maintenance. I feel safe flying everyday and so should you.
Have you been with Allegiant long? I suppose that a frightened passenger doesn't make sense to someone who is in the air every day. Do you have a family? if so, do you have any concerns whatsoever about putting them on an Allegiant flight? Do you know who will be flying Tri-FLL on the Saturday the 12th? I'd sure like to shake their hand!
I'm starting to get very ****ed at capt. Tom. Now I'm wondering why he would even tell me something like that. My thoughts are that if he, as a commercial pilot truly has serious information about faulty practices regarding any airline, Allegiant or otherwise, then is he not just as guilty as the airline if he doesn't come forward with it? I would think that as a pilot you would keep the safety of passengers and crew first and foremost above all else!