View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 03:38 AM
trashhauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777

Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
If the company can use the profits from revenues generated by us enduring hotel lock downs and exposure to a pandemic to do stock buybacks. They can afford to improve our retirement AND increase our pay rates. There's no "wiggle room". there will be no exchanges in productivity to offset economic gains. I don't care how long you've been here if you're going to consider those types of offers I would urge you to stiffen your resolve and reconsider.

Giving money to share holders does nothing to improve the business.
I’ve been here over 27 years and I absolutely agree with you. I try not to take negotiations personally, because it’s not personal, but after the crap I’ve put up with over the last 3 years and then watching the company spend a billion dollars on stock buy backs, my patience with their intransigence is wearing thin. The company can absolutely afford everything we ask for, that’s never been the issue. In my opinion, the main issue the company has had with us when negotiating a contract has been one of optics. Since we are the only unionized employee group at FedEx, if it’s perceived that the pilots get a good deal in a contract, maybe the other employee groups would be more apt to try and unionize. It’s a theory, but a plausible one. Either way, it’s not my problem. The company needs to pony up on this contract and we all have to be ready to vote it down if it’s not to the standard that we feel we are entitled to. Don’t get me wrong, no contract is ever going to have everything you want, but the major sections need to be taken care of, no matter how long it takes. I haven’t gotten a raise in over 2 years, meanwhile, all my expenses have increased dramatically with inflation.