Old 01-12-2023, 09:45 AM
Bat Guano
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2020

That's pretty sweet except for the part about having to use the airlines to and from work. Just a personal thing with me but I loathe hanging around in airports. TSA, lines, crowds, ATC delays, all of it. Are you flying FC or Steerage? Pos space is nice, but I am sick of going through the hassle of flying to and from the plane. If I had to, of course, I would. But being able to drive to the local drome to start and end my trips is fantastic. I will gladly earn less to be home more. That's why I retired after all.

Everyone has to find their own happy spot. If it makes any sense, my job checks just enough of the boxes I want to have checked without requiring me to deal with other boxes being checked. Of course, my daily pay rate reflects that. For example, 70-80 percent of my flying is day trips and some are less than 6 hours Duty. We might Airline DH once or twice a month and when we do they're always in FC. Rental cars await us at the FBOs and are returned to the same. Very nice hotels, etc.