View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 11:12 AM
JunkyardDog
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
JD,

Our NC chair is a good person. I have said AT THE RIGHT NUMBERS, PSPP could be a good deal, the problem is trust, and the details. Right now, with everything being hidden from the pilots, there is a lack of trust. I do understand the issues ALPA is wrestling with regarding real transparency. But sunlight is the best answer. Yes that comes with certain risk, but so does keeping things hidden.

Social media can be an issue. But good luck putting that genie back in the bottle. Don't let the rumors live. Deal this them by giving us facts. Say things like we are going for industry leading pay rates for the duration of our CBA, we are going for a pension benefit of a 50% replacement ratio for the duration of our CBA. Tell us (like our NC chair has) that they are focusing on raising our FAE or other path forward. It is time to earn our trust. They have a choice. We are down to pay rates, duration and our signing bonus (or what ever they are going to call it). What benefit is there to hide the facts from us now? How much better must the pay rates be to make up for whatever they are concerned about?

"Trust but verify", it was good enough for Reagan, It is good enough for me.

As for the survey results which where eluded to yesterday multiple times, you can have statistically relevant data which is Invalid due to lack of education and question form. I fear we are in the latter arena.
BH
I am sure NC is a good, hard working guy. Doesn’t mean he is right. I love the Reagan quote, but trust must be earned. I was willing to give benefit of doubt, until PSPP was offered to the Company years ago….(outside of Sec 6) without asking if the crew force supported it. That was a defining moment for me. Why was the PSPP calculator removed from ALPA website? How many people have retired without an increased benefit due to ALPA focus on PSPP?
The secrecy also breeds distrust. Comments that we must judge the TA in its entirety imply concessions were made in previously TA’d sections. Survey results that are kept secret (or selectively released) breeds distrust. We still don’t have the ‘final solution’ to Secondary Lines from the last contract. ALPA volunteers flying AVA. Block reps that aren’t even in their own seniority block.
I’m searching for reasons to have trust…..
Help me see the light.