View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 05:38 PM
CLDriver
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
Was recently offered a PIC CJ3 job in the northeast for a very small company. Average 200-300 hours a year. All other pilots are contract, and I'll be the sole pilot employee. Besides pay, what should I be looking out for before I sign on the dotted line? Do hard days off matter when the jet flies so infrequently? Should I push for the ability to have consecutive weeks of vacation time? Appreciate the help!
Pay - somwhere between NBAA 75% min and 90% - remember NBAA numbers always trail by a year.
Health insurance for self and family - company paid
Dental and vision insurance for self and family - company paid
401k with a minimum of 6% match - and importantly, when does it vest? Immediate vestment is important
Life, accidental death and disability insurance - company paid
Loss of license insurance - company paid
Recurrent training - company paid - every six or 12 months?
Long term / short term disability - company paid

Days off can vary widely. Previous job we worked 8 on 7 off. Another job was very scheduled with rarely any changes, and "pop ups" had to have two days notice - so it was easy to plan life around that, outside of vacations - which we took when the aircraft inspections occurred.

Principle somewhere for a 5+ days? Does the operation allow airlining home when it can be justified?

Lots of things to chat about. Do NOT sell yourself short, to many opportunities out there. Good luck.