Thread: Omni interview
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 08:31 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Are you asking whether you should arrive the day before your initial training starts, or show up the morning of the first day of indoc/goundschool?

If it were me, I'd make sure I showed up at any job early, rested, and ready to go, and I'd be calling ahead to see what reservations are made with the hotel, and if you don't have one the night before, make it yourself. It goes without saying that. you should be ready and rested the morning of the first day of class, which means getting there at least the day prior to get settled in, get your things prepared, so that all you need to do the first morning is arrive in class, ready to learn.

I can't imagine commuting or flying into the training location the morning of class, to start indoc and groundschool for a new employer...get there the day prior. Also, if an employer hasn't followed up with you, and the time is getting close, would you not want to follow up with the employer? I certainly would.
I can't believe we are making people get themselves to new hire training..... is this really accurate?

I'd email them to clarify; they probably just haven't booked travel yet. They typically don't book travel until 3-5 days in advance.