View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 02:45 PM
SoFloFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Web265 View Post
The correct answer is they have hot reserve in the last and current contracts. They just don' use it for pilots. I've been here 4 years and it's not been used in any of that time.
I forget the numbers, but, they made it a little more expensive in the new contract for the company to utilize it as well.

On "short call" (2 hours to gate), you're gonna be at the bottom of the CA reserve pile until your seniority goes up, yeah you'll get the leftovers. You'll still get 12 days off. I'm pretty sure they are using the CAs heavily (depending on base) so I'd be expecting to be flying. Right now, in the union's "market planning podcast" the "time to a line" expectation for CMH is 4 years to composite line and 5.5 to a "clean" line. I'm not sure how they come up with that forecast. United has dropped 10,000 flight hours on us in February so those times to lines may be coming down.....

Checked Jan, the first composite line holder was a 5/2018 hire. The first clean line is 8/2017.

To get days off by bidding is always a crapshoot at lower seniority but if you really need you have other options like Golden Days Off and Paid Days off, there is always the ability to trade with someone if you really need as well.

Also, not to be throwing cold water, but, unless there's some provision I'm not aware of, the CA upgrades will be in front of you seniority wise for a while.
If my memory serves me right, I believe if a pilot is assigned hot reserve, he/she would get paid 6 hours of the day. The union didn’t get rid of it, but they made it expensive for the company to use, but the option is still there.