Thread: Class Drops
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 04:43 PM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by I was inverted View Post
I see you got hired at B6 with very little industry experience. I recommend the books Hard Landing and Flying the Line (vol 1 and 2). I believe ALPA will send the latter to you and I think it’s available for free on pdf from them as well.

Both are a little longer than a tweet, so it might be hard to stick with for a lot of these low-mid 20 something year old kids who are getting hired with a day or two as a professional pilot, but as low time as you are, you and the rest of the inexperienced guys coming into this industry missed not only the lost decade, but also the mentorship at regionals by those who were affected by the lost decade, and about the history of this industry and how it became a “multi-million dollar career.” Suggest you read up on it before spreading that attitude.

There’s a reason a check airman left for delta in 2020, and a former chief pilot and 17.5 year captain left for United last year, among other handcuffed people jumping ship (and it wasn’t to go fly widebodies). Guys did break out of their golden handcuffs. I’m glad their personal situations allowed it. But really, I wish this pilot group and union had the stones to make this place better instead of riding coat tails and leapfrogging behind every other airline doing the heavy lifting. But jetblue seems to hire enough of the “right people” to make that a pipe dream, and so the reality is what it is…a perpetual fight just to get less than everyone else.

Facts are facts. Sorry you don’t like them and it hurts your feelings about your new employer.
Have to agree here.