Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 07:09 PM
fly608
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2023

I've been reading through as many pages as I can, just trying to get an updated feel/opinion of anyone currently flying at PlaneSense. I Started my career flying a Legacy PC12 part 135, racked up 1300+ hours between the right and left seat, absolutely loved it. Thought I wanted to go 121, am currently in training at a regional right now and it's not what I hoped it would be. I don't feel like I am being set up for success at all. Between missing the PC12, the thought of a 7/7 schedule, and not having to worry about commuting, a company like this sounds amazing right now.

Does anyone have any insight on training? I.e. Did you feel prepared for your checkride/Did they give you everything you need to succeed? Quality Instruction? Anyone else here transition from a legacy PC12 to the NG? It seems like training is pretty condensed/intense, but I assume PC12 experience in general will help with this.

Also Ive heard the interview is no joke...waiting around for a class date at the 121 I wasn't in a position to fly very much so I am definitely out of currency, but recent training events have brought back my recency at least a little bit. But i did see someone say that currency and recency are a big deal. I already got a call for an interview a few months ago but never accepted it because I was already on my way to my current company training.

As far as day to day ops, it seems like QOL is improving from what I'm reading which is great, but how is the company when it comes to things like mechanical issues or weather? My last 135 was a little sketchy/pushy to say the least when it came to weather and some maintenance things. I'm assuming PlaneSense is good about these kinds of things but just curious if anyone has had any uncomfortable situations here.

Has anyone else made the jump from 121 and if so do you regret it in any way?

Sorry for so many questions just trying to map out the next years of my life lol, thanks in advance!