View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 07:37 AM
JHans2678
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2023
Default Offers

Just looking to see if anyone that works at Southern has any advice. I noticed a Tecnam SIC position in Saipan. I have been interested in flying in Saipan for a long time! I sent my resume to multiple people, but I did not hear anything for a couple of weeks. I got a call from Alaska Seaplanes and was invited to go for an interview. I was offered a position by Alaska seaplanes before I left Juneau even though they said I would not hear anything for a week. On the flight home, I received a voicemail from the Southern recruiter. I called her shortly after landing and set up a video conference. I told her I was working on a tight timeline because I needed to get back to Seaplanes with an answer. After our video conference, I contacted her several times asking for a benefits overview so I could talk to my wife about what the benefits looked like so we could make a quick decision if Southern offered me as well. I texted, emailed, left voicemails, and she never provided me with the requested information, only a message that they were reviewing my information. I told her several times I had to give Seaplanes an answer. I finally reached my deadline with Seaplanes and let them know I was going to accept (because I assumed Southern was not happening and quite frankly the lack of response worries me)! Well, what happened the next morning (after 4-5 days of sending requests)? The recruiter sends me the information and wants to set up a time for me to talk with the chief pilot and the VP of retention. I assume I will get an offer, but at this point, I have committed elsewhere. I think I will enjoy Seaplanes and the atmosphere is great. However, there is that part of me that wants to go to Saipan. I am extremely loyal and I would hate to back out of my commitment. So, here is my question. Does Southern ever offer higher than starting pay? Is it okay to ask and say at this point I have committed elsewhere what can you offer me to change my mind? Or should I just say thanks, but no thanks?