View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 04:29 AM
StarClipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
So now the NC is activated? The company is all of a sudden acting in bad faith? This is ridiculous. It was the Union's plan to only open limited sections of the contract and to offer the rehashed PSPP up. They put out a survey that asked leading questions repeatedly to make it appear that is what the pilot group desired. Then when negotiations happened in earnest they went into this thinking they had a willing partner and were determined to get a quick deal. So they gave a little on the sections that weren't retirement and pay. Thinking let's just get a quick deal. Then when the major sections hit the company started dragging their feet after winning "efficiency improvements" aka concessions in the lessor sections. This is the same tactic they always use the only people surprised are the NC, its chairperson, and the pilots in this work group who believe that FDX management will negotiate in good faith despite watching them do this over and over again.

so now here we are. We've shown a willingness to negotiate for less and a desire to proceed quickly. What would you do as the company? Delay some more and let the panic set in? Then offer some menial additions and see if we bite for fear of this lasting another 24 months? Magically a TA will materialize and they will say this is the best deal we could achieve in this time frame and it will pass by a razor thin margin. These are previews of coming attractions unless some of you stop with this let me read the TA and find some wiggle room nonsense. Somethings aren't even worth considering. "Heads I win Tails you lose" and your response is let me read through it?
Well said Shaman! I for sure have no wiggle room. #NO CONCESSIONS