View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 06:51 AM
KnockKnock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Southbay View Post
I love the internet, and I’m not trying to argue with you. I think ALK got a great deal and I think the HAL TA is also great.

Clearly ALK signed in 2022, and the HAL TA would start in 2023. Yes those are two different calendar years. However, for 6 months of 2023 HAL would be at $329 versus ALK $306. Just an observation and what a great time to be a pilot!
You see the world as most of us see the world. There are a special few who will argue about the calendar year while the rest of us agree that, yes indeed, AS pilots will make $23 less than HA pilots for 6 mos. of the year and $11 less for the following 6 months. At which point HA pilots will then jump again to making $24 more an hour.
We have a very slim possibility of making a few extra bucks in '23 due to our average pay clause but it's shaping up to only be $2-$4 above our current scheduled raise. Placing us firmly behind the HA pilots. '24 has a better chance of parity but we'll wallow there for 2, 3 or 4 years cementing us firmly in 6th place as far as pay goes.
It does seem to be a good time to be a pilot for those willing to fight the fight.