View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by StraightShooter View Post
Yes! It's a wonderful gig, you get about 14-17 days off per month. Lots of excitement, great crews, wonderful payrates, fantastic retirement.

Oh what a second........

Your 14-17 days off you will be recovering from the backside of the clock.
Excitement? Try sitting in a lawn chair in your dark garage with the garage door shut for 12 hours, then opening it back up.

Crew's....We'll if you don't mind Captains ripping your microphone out of your hand when calling GOC...oh yeah...that speaks of leadership and you know him by name.

Payrates, now you get to bring up this in every conversation with everyone you meet, everyday of the rest of your life, to let each and everyone know that YOU are a FedEx pilot and your better than they are.

And your retirement, is the highest in the industry. You might ask, how can they afford to pay this? Well, if you ask the union, their little study shows that FDX pilots only live on average 3 years after retirement. So your dead meat anyways, It's just "chump change."

What a deal!!!

Life is what you make it. I cant imagine a better place to work for me. I have had 2 Jerk captains in 7 years. The rest have been trainable.