View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 02:35 PM
CX500T
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: NYC 7ERA

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Bear in mind that one person in this thread has stated that your condition is imaginary. That person is YOU. No one else. Just you.

Sorry for your fathers loss.

As someone who grew up working with 2,4,5-T ("agent orange"), and numerous variants, who was frequently soaked throiugh to his underwear in it, for months on end, at FAR greater an exposure rate than anyone in Southeast Asia ever remotely saw, along with a LOT of other chemicals with far, far greater LD-50 ratings and much higher toxicity, the entire agent orange saga is bull****.

That does not diminish from your fathers loss, and just as no one said that your condition is imaginary (other than you, of course), no one, including myself, is diminishing your father's loss or his condition.

Anyone that ties such to "agent orange," like so many other issues that have been blamed on the government, coverups, and vaccines, conspiracies, is wrong.

We can sit down over a drink some time and talk about the same loud claims made over the application of glyphosate on cash crops south of here; the same claims are equally bull****, as is the blaming of every condition that comes along, and the FAA's adjustment of present intervals and standards in the medical, on vaccines, the government, and the deep, dark, conspiracy world. I have a little insight into some of that, which the masses may not have.
Did you not say what the military considers a disability and the rest of the world considers a disability are not the same thing? I get a whopping 10% for my cardiac condition. Woop dee freaking doo. I get more disability for breaking my collarbone crashing my dirtbike while on mobilization orders.

I'm of the opinion that there may be a genetic component to Agent Orange and other dioxins wrecking your health such as there are some people who chain smoke from 12 until they get hit by a bus at age 97 but as a group, heavy smoking correlates with increased lung cancer risk.

But then again, I saw my dad and two friends from his Army unit die of the same, rare brain disease. None smoked, none did drugs, none drank excessive alcohol.

I worked in the Analysis Cell for the Navy's COVID-19 response as I have a background as a math geek, statistic and data modeling with a lot of flyid dynamic modeling. I frankly don't trust them to not bury bad data (as in makes them look bad vs not collected without error or bias) having been around while the 3/4 stars and SES / Undersecretary types were making decisions. Then told us to make the data support their decision.

Last edited by CX500T; 01-26-2023 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo