View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 03:18 PM
JustAFreightDog
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2021
Position: B777 Captain
Default Help with a school project.

I have been asked to help with a high school project my Godson is involved with. If you are willing to help a young aviation enthusiast explore a topic at the forefront of most news reports, then please consider filling out this short survey.

Here is what he wrote:

Since the beginning of the school year I have been taking part in a Capstone program in the college program at my high school called AP Research. This entails building a research project based around a central question to which we will conduct our own research through experimental means. When it came time to find a topic, I thought about the pilot shortage. I built a study around the question:

“How do commercial licensed pilots perceive the solutions for addressing the post-covid domestic pilot shortage?”

I have constructed a two-part method consisting of a questionnaire to identify quantitative data and then have the hopes of a portion of the participants being willing to let me interview them to better understand their answers to the survey.

For reference my target audience is licensed ATP aviators who have experience in operating commercial aircraft prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. I am willing to make exceptions for pilots who have previously transitioned from the military to the commercial sector within the last two years along with currently retired commercial pilots who left their occupation within the last two years. Below is an attached link to the survey.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Respo...M3Sk5SREtLSi4u