View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Huck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Actually as an outsider, it just drives me bonkers when FedEx pilots come ride my jumpseat. Occasionally I will have on board a really really nice guy who loves flying because it's his passion, lots of fun to visit with. But unfortunately, 90% of the FDX jumpseats contantly go on and on and on about how much money they make. It just gets so annoying.

I'm from a very small country town. To be making anything over 30,000 dollars is something that blows me and my family away. Everytime I open my paycheck now, I just can't believe I get paid to fly. But these jerks over at FDX, are just no fun to be around. Everytime I ask them about what's the most fun part about working there, they directly bring up the money. Then when I say, "tell me about the flying, hows the flying?" The usually answer is, "oh yeah we've got this one trip, where you can get extra pay on it...." How annoying.

A few years ago, right after FDX signed a new contract, I asked the jumpseater if he was glad the negotiations were over. He said, "yes, but what a joke, a 10% raise? I can't even buy a new car with a 10% raise."

My 1st year first officer said "I can't even buy a car...period!" That shut him up real fast.

It's so damn annoying to hear, "over at big purple" or "I work for this little airline, called FedEx" .... most of the guys hired there that think they are God's gift to aviation now, we're rejected from most all airlines 15-20 years ago.

Fifteen posts in your first three days on APC, and you decide to go trolling......

Congrats straightshooter, you just got me to post after 5 months of self-imposed lurking.

(I would say General Lee is among us, but even he isn't that obvious.)

Welcome to APC. You're gonna last about as long as your intellectual agility will let you... I'm guessing about another day.....