View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 03:06 PM
I was inverted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by DrSmacFum View Post
how though? This was a small bump in pay before a full on contract like the big boys. As it is right now, UAL & AA are behind blue in pay.

delta & AS just got a full on contract and we aren’t there yet til the JCBA, which is when we’ll see who are peers really are. But until then, we have it in writing who are peers are thanks to this TA, which SHOULD be valuable for the JCBA

not coming at you, let me know if I have it wrong
There is no such thing as a full contract…a contract is a contract…how much goes in it or gets amended is up to each party to negotiate. But it’s still an actual contract achieved in section 6. Not an LOA. For all intents and purposes, it’s a full contract. Except this time both parties mutually agreed to limit what sections were negotiated in the interest of time. So, no matter how you look at it, B6 pilots just agreed to a collective bargaining agreement that falls way short of other collective bargaining agreements coming out at the same time, knowing that the ones that have recently been rejected (UA/AA) will likely be similar in value to the DL one.

Even if you separate out all the non-open items, which I would say is appropriate in this case and was the right call, and leave it at straight compensation, the signing bonus, pay, and profit sharing, all trail (or will trail soon) every peer in the mutually agreed upon peer set once they get their contracts done. And then they’ll have retro that covers the time between contracts (look at delta’s) that eliminates the worry for the “time value of money” piece. And before anyone says “nobody ever gets full retro,” just do the math on deltas formula and compare it to the amount jetblue pilots just agreed to. Then look at Alaskas formula and do the same. Bottom line: B6 pilots just accepted less than everyone else…again. It’s no longer a one time thing. It’s now a pattern. Congrats guys.