View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 05:15 PM
brocklee9000
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by 01Jetpilot View Post
Any short or long description of F9’s training program would be helpful……94 days is pretty long. What is done in 3 months? I heard systems ground school is 4 weeks….yikes!
Alright here’s my timeline, a November hire. Keep in mind the holidays may have given us a little more time off.

Ground school: Indoc, systems, other stuff, is 3 weeks

FTD: currently it’s 6 sessions of flows and procedures training (in the touchscreen trainer). Day 7 is the oral portion of the checkride. You could get days off prior, in the middle, or both. So that’s another 1.5 to 2 weeks

Sim: 8 sim sessions, the checkride, and a loft. Total of 10 (I heard rumors they might shorten the course some day, who knows). You’ll have some days off prior to the sims and during sims. For us - including the breaks in between sims - just shy of 4 weeks. Including flying up the night before sim #1, 29 days.

Then an unknown amount of time waiting for IOE. Could be a week or two, lately it’s been more. Then you do IOE. The 3 month training commitment timeline includes all of that.

so for me, I flew up Nov 27 and my last day of sim (LOFT) is coming up, Feb 2. Including nearly 3 weeks off between ground school and FTD, and then 5 days on and 5 off for sims (we were fortunate to get a lot of time off), that’s 2 months and a week and a day or two.

Some guys schedules started immediately after ground school. Last day of ground was Dec 16, and they were starting on the 18th and 19th. Since they started nearly 3 weeks ahead of me, they were done with their checkride around the time I started sim. In a way, it makes sense; limited sim slots, so someone goes through and then rotates out and we started. I think the holidays added a little extra time off but even throughout January, we had consistent blocks of about 5 on 5 off. Hard to complain.