View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 07:06 PM
Arrow24
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2022
Default Time Building

Hello!

I am a crewmember and received a CJO last year through the gateway program. I am nearing the end of my training with ATP, and will have the option of either working for one of B6’s Part 135 partners (Cape Air, JSX, or Tradewind), or flying 1000 hours at a regional/Part 121 before returning to B6.

From the 135 side, I would be interested in working for Cape Air. As part of B6’s agreement with Cape Air, I would get hired at around 500-700 hours, upgrade to Captain at 1500 hours, and then fly for 1 year as Captain before going directly to B6.

From the regional side, I would need to fly 1000 hours at that regional/Part 121 carrier and then I can return to B6.

Factoring in instructing to 1500 hours along with class delays, training time, and reserve time at a regional, and assuming a Cape Air pilot flys about 80-100 hours/month (that seems to be the average), would it be better to pursue the Cape Air option as it appears to be much faster in getting back to B6? From my research, the Cape Air option should take about 2ish years (give or take) from initial hire to complete. I have until March 2027 to complete my time building and return to B6 for my CJO to be valid.

Appreciate any help!