View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
StraightShooter
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Chief Pilots Office

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Happiest guys I see at FDX are guys who love what they do but have a life outside of work too. Church, family, hobbies, and friends will help you define a happier life than a W-2.
You are in the 10%. I bet your a kick in the pants to fly with.

PS. I didn't get rejected from there. I just don't want to work in that environment.

Here's some food for thought.....

Nearly a decade ago, scientists up in the northeast on the pacific coast, did a study on a fish. They took this fish from his school then removed his brain. They found that this fish could actually live without a brain. It would have a shorter life, but would still make it ok. His swimming patterns were not normal, very radical and not methodical in the least bit. Then they put the brainless fish back in the same school of fish that he once lived in. The school of fish followed him. The brainless fish was their new leader, every time he'd make a radical turn that made no sense, the entire school would follow him exactly. If he'd turn back, the left, then right, then left, the entire school of thousands of fish, followed precisely.

Sometimes in life, especially in the airlines, a brainless fish will senselessly choose one carrier is it's best choice, then thousands of other airline pilots in the same school will follow over. Will they live a shorter life? Maybe the FDX Union will answer that with the statisical analysis of their 3 year life expectancy after retirement.

I know a guy who retired their. Cancer ate him up when he was in his late 50's. Doctors said it was most likely from lack of sleep during his career. Through the use of modern medicine's the cancer was cured. After a year he was back to his normal 6'6" 240lb build. A few more years went by and he retired. Then a year later, the cancer returned. This time, after treatments, he now ways 140 lbs and cannot keep any food down. He will die this way. My heart, deeply goes out for his family. My prayers are for him often.