Old 02-01-2023, 05:19 PM
BStill
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2023
Position: None
Default (really) rusty pilot?

Originally Posted by UndrPar View Post
During my interview class there was a bunch of people that were CFI's or had been flying a Caravan and at just 1500 hours. During my initial class there was mostly a mix of ex-regional guys, a few other 135's, and a few with only Caravan time. Flexjet is hiring a large amount and the HR team is good about getting back to you quickly. I would recommend applying. Also a few people in initial were taking the type rating and their ATP ride at the same time.
In 2001, after a year of fun-but-frugal fractional flying at Raytheon Travel Air (which I believe has since been bought and absorbed into the FlexJet enterprise), I had finally made the transition from military (USMC tacair) to the Part 121 airlines (NWA: B727 FE) when 9/11 put me on long-term furlough, and I haven't flown since. Hoping to get back to a flying career in my later years (56). I really enjoyed the actual flying in the fractionals (BE-400 type rating), and considering going in that direction again.

Question: what would be most relevant way to get current flight time to land an interview; and once/if I get that far, how best to prepare for the sim ride in an un-familiar cockpit?

Thank you!

My numbers:
Total hours: 2010 (over 1600 of which is military, with no conversion to block time)
Turbine: 2002
ME: 523 (515 = Turbine: BE-400 and UC-12B=KingAir 200)
PIC: 1360 (most of which is single-engine/single-seat turbine)
Ratings:
- ATP-AMEL; FE (for what that's worth now...)
- BE-400 type