View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 04:44 AM
ny797
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
Looking at your post history, I see so many instances of people calling you out for being such a Debbie Downer. I, and many others see it. Of course you and every other person like you never sees this. It’s always the same comeback: I’m not negative. I’m a realist.

Whatever.

Absolutely, there are MANY serious shortcomings with this place in comparison to our peers right now,, but with that said, things can and do change. We can and will continue to press management’s feet to the fire in order to bring us in line with what DL (and hopefully UA) has achieved. Do not float. Do not pick up PM. Know your contract. Stand firm when CS or CT call you, etc. On and on.

But also maybe realize that in the grand scheme of things, this job - as jobs go - does not suck. If you or anybody thinks it does, then it’s time for a reality check.

For example, one guy on one of these threads complained about how long it’ll take you to actually qualify in the left seat after having been awarded it, and how many people are becoming dequalified as he put it - both issues as a direct result of AA’s backlog in training. Well, this is true, actually. However, from OUR standpoint, this is a good thing. When I upgraded for the second time a little over a year ago after the COVID problem caused me to lose my seat the first time, I actually spent my last month as an FO being paid as a CA. Winning. Fast forward and I’m now out 1-1/2 months WITH PAY because they were unable to schedule me into CQT in a timely manner, so again…winning.

I would not dare complain to my friends about how much my job sucks when they work harder than I do for much less than I make.

Perspective.

Should we work hard to better this place? Of course! But will I be continually miserable that I work here? No.

Sorry if that offends you.
Call me a Debbie downer all you will but I’ve said time and time again the purpose of my posts is to highlight the inadequacies we have over here. I have a pretty decent work life, especially given that I live in base. It can absolutely be better when in comparison to our peers and that is the point. We should be talking about it and holding management’s feet to the fire. Especially when they come on here and blatantly deceive new-hires. I like to provide a little dose of reality. I’m not offended. This is an anonymous message board