View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Golden Flyer

Originally Posted by rightseater
I spent my four years at ERAU...got the bachelors, all the ratings and the debt to prove it. Was on the dean's list graduated with a 3.55. I got hired right along with the guy who went to a small local FBO, and a 4 year degree from an online program. He spent probably a quarter of what I did and I'm no further ahead than he is. The only benefit i see to ERAU are their internship programs and the fact that they force feed you the aviation knowledge. Looking back on it, if I were to do it again, i would not attend. Its not worth the debt. You have to understand that you will spend years making 20-30k per year...and you will be paying between 10-15k/year in student loan payments alone. Go the cheapest route possible. It might not sound like the best now but you'll be so glad that you did after you get your first regional pay check.
Once again rightseater, you're a saviour. Next time you will be declared saint! You should consider coming over and try Air Canada. The company is currently doing a major hiring until around 2008... Might I add, pay is better. You should apply to Air Canada and Air Canada Jazz, its regional subsidary. if you do make it to Jazz and not Air Canada, it'd only be only a matter of time before moving up. AC minimum is $1000 hrs. 500 of which must be multi-engine. Turbine is preferred as always! I just met an air canada MD-11 Captain... an ex-Mesa MD-80 pilot??? I believe. Not sure which aircraft but it was Mesa airlines. He's loving it!! Loving The Carribean Girls!!!! Loving The European Girls!!! Check it out!!!!!!!! Toronto is the place to be!