View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 AM
ZBowFlyz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

Originally Posted by rjordan85 View Post
Hello,
I have narrowed my search down to ATP and Ari Ben. I have heard the good and the bad about both schools. I visited the ATP PHX location which i liked alot and i am planning on visiting Ari Ben in the next 2 weeks. If anyone has attended or is currently attending either of these schools, i would greatly appreciate some feedback as to the overall experience. Thanks in advance!
I went to ATP and, long story short, got 2 ratings. I just couldn't get over the fact that I had more TT than my CFI and that he didn't even have 250TT. I was proven correct when we lost an engine one night. He paniced! I landed. I think I had 3 hrs in a twin. I had a long talk with Jim K. He lost his job. Do I feel bad? No!

It might be a good deal, depending on your goals, it was not for me. I left them and only have one thing good to say. The X-c's are a great deal. You'll be scared out of your mind flying with some of those kids, but it will make you a better pilot. I could be wrong, but I don't think they let the east coasters fly to the west.

Thats a ton of money to gamble with IMO. I'd find a good FBO with a twin and you could do it in the same time with an instructor. (because ATP didnt have anything I'd call an instructor)

just my $.02

Last edited by ZBowFlyz; 04-09-2008 at 05:31 AM.