View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 08:58 AM
brocklee9000
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by UpwardInflow View Post
I've got fresh details on this:

RTP and Pathway candidates get typed in the A320 at ATP in Irving. It is a 7 day course which has 50 hours of remote learning (86 classes) prior to showing. This course has 5 sims and a check sim period, so six total. Immediately following the type training, the "F9 Direct" course begins, which is 4 days of Frontier specific training on the bus. 16 Level D hours (4 sims) and 8 student led A320 labs (procedural trainers?). Frontier flows callouts, and SOPs are the focus of the F9 direct course. I'm hearing conflicting data on whether or not the ATP practical comes along with the type course, but I'm inclined to believe it does because the syllabus refers to the ATP ACS, and a friend who did this course on his own walked out with his ATP card as well as the A320 type.

The program participants are paying a pretty penny for this course. My intuition leads me to believe that it should be a pretty good foundation for the F9 training in Denver. I'm excited to get this new chapter started.
I don’t think any of the program pilots had an ATP. They did all the type and procedures. But when it came to training, their checkrides were a bit different. Those of us with an ATP did the oral portion of the checkride together with an APD. Those who were getting their ATP (I believe all the program pilots) had to split up and do the full oral alone.