View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by AV8ER13 View Post
How does DALPA hold the high cards or what are you referring to as high cards?

On a seperate issue, I would like to clarify something, reading all the posts I have gotten lost,
So Delta wants a relative list, meaning if you are 1000 then you should be equal in a joint merged list.
NWA wants a DOH list meaning you maybe 1000 but you may have several more yrs of DOH then 1000 at DAL.
If this is correct, then where is the stapling that NWA supposedly wants? I am not trying to spark anything here, I am just trying to figure out what is being accused and said. I understand both sides of not wanting one or the other.

If Delta pilots tried to accept a contract that was only beneficial to them, that would be a slap in the face to the other pilot group? I would hope there is more mature approaches and they would not screw the other group like that. Just b.c. it is thought one group holds more cards, doesn't mean you should deminish the others quality of life. Everyone is agreed (or atleast I hope) that everyone is going to feel screwed by this, but if its lopsided (or one group goes out of their way (by accepting a one sided contract) to screw the others), I can say there will be a lot of hostility. THAT IS NOT GOOD, again remeber we SHOULD be unified, not split! Again, I hope a more Mature approach and logic would be used by both sides!
Have you stood up and told your MEC and all Captains that you fly with that the treatment they gave the Republic guys was despicable? I have never heard any red book guys say "I'm not going to the 747 Captain slot at 18 years seniority. That would be immoral to the Republic guys with 30 years seniority!" Red book guys benefited off the green book guys since the merger happened and there was never an ounce of protest from the NWA herd. So please don't tell me that DALPA is reaching a new low by trying to benefit its group in a merger. Right now this is all theory. The Red book history is exactly that, factual history based on past actions.