Thread: Here it comes
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 07:45 AM
PineappleXpres
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Originally Posted by pangolin View Post
Was this directed at me? Because I said nothing like that and if that’s what you got out of it let me clarify. The airlines want single and no pilot operations in order to save money at the EXPENSE of safety. People will die.
I agree. Tragedy. Additionally it’s being tested by private companies all the time like self driving cars. They aren’t allowed to integrate without controlled environments, safety pilots, and in non commercial environments. Let them try. Don’t let the tax payer subsidize what we know is not about improving safety. That’s what DARPA is for. Public-private partnership in these matters won’t change the reality of the intent. If The military needs to out of its own necessity, then fine. We know they won’t put the public in danger. The safety threshold is not even in the same galaxy. If it actually becomes the greatest thing since sliced bread, then it will become known.

If you read the self driving promises of years and decades past, more than mere hope, you’ll see it was all about getting people to dump money into their brand. Most importantly it was about pushing through public acceptance before the tech existed so they wouldn’t need to deal with that peskiness when it may be mass produced. I’m also not willing to aid in that public acceptance because it isn’t warranted. The tech companies don’t deserve the assurance the consumer and the pilot will be psychologically ready for adoption. It’s their job to prove it and convince us afterwords.