View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 PM
AV8ER13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: NWA 747-200 SO

Originally Posted by kmpflyer View Post
And more debt, and gas guzzling old airplanes, and an underfunded pension. Are we stronger? Not sure. Really? USAir is STILL below AWA payrates. Nothing is "inevitable"; its all negotiated. And that takes leverage, and there's only so much money to go around. Do you disagree that more cash went to NW pilots than DAL pilots to harmonize the contracts?
But when the USAIR/AWA get a merged list are you saying they wont have one contract? Its Nego. when they are one list. and then everyone is on the same contract. ture or not?
And I think we do not see eye to eye on your gain, yes NWA pilots get more money (b.c. our contract pay rates are behind yours for now), but you also get a pay raise, a raise that would not happen without a merger. If DAL pilots take a contract without NWA pilots getting the same day 1, then you can be assured I will oppose any merger and will lobby DOJ and political officicials to stop/block a merger. You are saying its better to Divide each other so you (DAL) can gain, with or without NWA pilots. I am saying lets all be unified and then move on. Without it we are all doomed to fail.