View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 09:17 AM
captnate702
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by DwightSnute View Post
Forgive me, it’s been a while since I left, but which provision in the CBA guarantees that 99% of your trips will be day trips? The argument that only at Allegiant can you “be home every night” is false, and it’s simply used as a lazy management effort to try to recruit and retain people. Those day trips can also be taken away whenever management decides they no longer fit with the operation.

As for elaborating at which other airlines day trips exist, feel free to do your own research. I’m not here to convince you or the other G4 apologists to leave.

Yes, there were positive points to working at G4, it was not all bad. I liked who I worked with. It was an incredibly easy job, and not having to commute was great. But at times, the abuse and mismanagement was awful and made it the most difficult job. I mostly do day trips now and enjoy my time at home with just over one year of seniority. Working for an airline that actually invests in its operation makes the job easier than it ever was at G4. Yeah, we have problems at the legacies, but those problems pale in comparison to what the pilots at G4 have to put up with.
Which airline do you work for?

Nothing guarantees day trips of course. I have been told that the Union will not sign an agreement without a guarantee of a significant percentage of day trips. I am confident that management here is so dysfunctional that they are incapable of operating a traditional airline schedule. We would have mega meltdowns like WN every March, summer and Christmas. I have the utmost confidence in management’s ineptitude and incompetence to run a sophisticated operation.

When you say mostly day trip can you elaborate? I am genuinely curious which legacy has day trip schedules similar to the old shuttle service.