Thread: Contract 2023
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 12:21 PM
BiffleBalls
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

I like a lot of what is being put forth on this thread. I think we need to consider why we would ask to be paid on par with Delta et. al. We operate with the least support in the industry as far as I have observed while jumpseating in the cockpits of every major carrier around the country through Covid and base closures like I was a human ping pong ball. Our gate agents, ramp personnel, contract mechanics, and many of our flight attendants (some are fantastic) are often the worst in the business. As captains we have to deal with issues coming at us from all directions that are usually handled by competent people who do their jobs at other airlines. We have a management group that thinks of us as a rabble that needs to be intimidated not to call in sick and routinely threatens us with investigations. We fly aircraft packed to the gills with passengers who have been treated as marks to be shaken down at every opportunity and understandably often have attitudes that reflect this treatment. So should we ask for or expect to be on par with our peers who have a far easier job pulling their flights off then we do? Heck yeah we should. I would argue that it would be in the company's best interest to want a contract that makes us some of the best paid in the industry with the scheduling flexibility and other quality of life gains that make us very competitive in this job market. If we don't land a contract that reflects our contribution to the daily operations of Frontier Airlines we will all effectively be check airmen every day we fly, training pilots for the legacy airlines. If there was EVER a time to go for it, whole hog, to get as good a contract as we could possibly land - this is it. I hope the Negotiating Committee gets that. I don't want to hear "we can't do that" or "it's to big an ask" out of them this time around.