Thread: Contract 2023
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 09:16 PM
fcoolaiddrinker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by CantStayAway View Post
This is from one of the original copies of our contract, though I don’t believe any wording here was changed via LOA…

”If the Reassignment following a cancellation or removal occurs outside of the Pilot’s Domicile, the Reassignment must be scheduled within the Footprint of the originally scheduled Sequence; however, if the Reassignment occurs during the last Duty Period of a Pilot’s Sequence or at a point in time when, for reasons beyond the control of the Company, the Company cannot reasonably arrange for a Pilot to replace the Reassigned Pilot and/or return the Reassigned Pilot to Domicile, he will be returned to Domicile as soon as practical, at which point the Pilot will be released subject to the limitations of Paragraph R.2., below, if applicable.”

“For reasons beyond the control of the company” is a phrase we want eliminated in this sentence. It can literally mean anything. “Sorry, we are short staffed. Not our fault, we don’t have enough applicants and attrition is too high.” “Sorry, a plane broke in Denver yesterday and it’s had a ripple effect throughout our network.”

Our reassignment language is not good. When Delta gets reassigned it’s at 1.5x the greater of the 2 (original or new schedule). That’s pretty industry standard. At a minimum we need to add the 1.5x to all reassignments to help discourage them.

For those who say we don’t get reassigned much right now, it’s mainly because the company still hasn’t released the app which will trigger the contact-ability provision in our contract, which is this…

”A Pilot is not obligated to be continuously available during a Duty Period, but will respond to notification attempts, if any, within fifteen (15) minutes after Block In, or completion of duties relating to that flight. For international operations, station personnel will advise the crew if there is a message and provide a means to contact Crew Scheduling. The Pilot is not required to respond to notification attempts again until thirty (30) minutes prior to departing on their next segment.”
The company has to get you back to domicile. If you remove that sentence what would that accomplish? Great I’m now released on the other side of the country and I just hosed myself out of at least 5 credit. 99% of the time the next leg gets you back to domicile in that scenario. They have two legs to make that happen. Most of the time it’s a dh back that I simply deviate from. You want to force the company to get you back to domicile. DL could just add flying to your schedule through acars. I agree with your 1.5.