Old 03-01-2023, 06:44 AM
Lewbronski
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by RJSAviator76 View Post
Personally, I don't think much of Delta this time around, especially how they donated their retro back to the company and Wall Street. They had it all and they choked. They'll hide behind pay banding and soft money, which is great. But this was the generational opportunity and from what I've read, they've squandered it.
Personally, I agree with you. DL could’ve done much better than they did. They did choke. But we’re in danger of choking even more than they did.

As far as I know, SWAPA isn’t even attempting to equal or better DL’s TA career earnings. Our “asks,” in terms of rates, are based strictly on NB comparisons, not career compensation. Have you heard differently? That’s multi-millions of dollars in lost compensation over the course of our careers.

We don’t have to forego demanding industry-leading career compensation in order to achieve full retro.

We have the leverage available to us to match or exceed the OAL’s career earnings, and get full retro with an interest penalty applied, and achieve industry-leading retirement, work rules, and benefits.

But to achieve those things, we have to demand those things (and then wield the leverage to pry them out of the company’s stingy hands). As far as I know, though, we’re not demanding all of those things.